Growing up, I could always count on having cookies around Christmas. Even now, cookies are a must in the season. Naturally, I've made a few batches this season, and of course I had to share a cookie recipe. The best part is that I'm not only sharing these delicious peanut butter coconut cookies, but a bunch of other yummies as part of a virtual cookie swap. How fun is that?! You'll find those creative and delicious recipe links at the bottom of this post.
Of course, gingerbread is a natural choice for the Christmas season, but a friend inspired the combination of peanut butter and coconut and not long after, I found these scrumptious yummies coming out of my oven. I was slightly hesitant at first, but they have quickly become an official favourite in our house.
Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies
Makes: About 2 Dozen
1) Cream together the sugar, coconut oil and peanut butter.
2) Stir in applesauce and vanilla.
3) Mix dry ingredients separately and add. slowly to wet ingredients until all are mixed.
4) Chill dough 30 - 60 minutes.
5) While preheating the oven to 375 degrees F, roll dough into balls, and flatten gently with a fork.
6) Bake 10-12 minutes, until slightly brown.
7) Remove from oven and cool completely
8) Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil using double boiler.
9) Dip cookies into the chocolate and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
1/2 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup applesauce
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons organic shredded coconut (unsweetened)
3/4 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
1 tablespoon coconut oil
shredded coconut for sprinkling
What are your favourite cookies during the holiday season? Try these and the recipes from the cookie swap below! Let me know if you've tried these with the hashtag #MapleAlps
Speculoos Button Cookies via Katherine in Brooklyn
Chocolate Dipped Matcha and Ginger Shortbread Cookies via Madeline Marie
Walnut Pepita Chocolate Chip Cookies via Nommable
GF + Vegan Gingerbread Men via Soul and Spoon
Chocolate Peppermint Coconut Macaroons via Pumpkin & Peanut Butter
Almond Spritz Cookies via Flours In Your Hair
Coconut Peanut Butter Cookies (vegan) via Maple Alps
Flaxseed & Pistachio Shortbread with White Chocolate Ganache Glaze via Lyndsey Eden
Speculoos Coffee Caramel Slices via Les Filles de Madeleine
Salted Dark Chocolate Cookies via The Foodwright
Dark Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies via Seek Satiation
Pretzel & Caramel Drizzled Snickerdoodles via Hopeless Thunder